TENANT VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT & INFORMATION SHEET
1. AGREEMENT: Redwood Coast Vacation Rentals (RCVR), the homeowner, and Tenants agree as follows: Tenant is over the age of 25 and will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period. Other occupants will be family members, friends, or responsible adults. Use of the premises will be denied to persons not falling within the foregoing categories, and as a result they would have to vacate the property immediately without any refund. No keys will be issued to anyone who is not an adult. Furthermore, for unforeseeable reasons, if a vacation home becomes unavailable, even if you have reserved it, due to circumstances beyond our control (house being sold, damaged, double booked etc.) RCVR will make its best effort to offer other accommodations if available. If not available, we will issue a full refund.
2. PETS: We only allow pets at some of our locations (please inquire) and an additional pet deposit is also required. You MUST clean up after your pet, which includes properly disposing of all waste material. If any waste material is found on the property, a portion of your pet deposit will not be refunded. You must also maintain control of your pet at all times, and NEVER leave a dog unattended. If you are leaving for the day and do not want to take the dog with you, you must put your dog in a local kennel or find alternative solutions rather than leaving the dog alone at our property. Any complaints from neighbors regarding excessive noise or other nuisances may be cause for immediate termination of the rental and forfeiture of the tenant’s entire security deposit. If we have evidence of a pet being at the property, and you have not been given written permission by us to have a pet, you will be charged $150 plus the cost of repairing any damage to the property.
3. DAMAGE INSURANCE: As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1,000 or $1,500, depending on which policy you purchased. Any damages that exceeds the maximum benefit are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or Actual Cash value of such property up to a maximum benefit of $1,000 or $1,500, depending on the policy covered. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage on our FAQ page. The Vacation Rental Damage plan can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in.
4. PAYMENT SCHEDULE AT TIME OF BOOKING IF MORE THAN 60 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL DATE: $200 plus booking fee if arrival date is more than 60 days in the future. At 60 days prior to arrival date, 100% of Total Rent, Refundable Security Deposit, Taxes & Fees Due Credit card account will be held for future charges in case of damage and or breach of this contract.
5. CANCELLATION:Should you wish to cancel this reservation, notice of cancellation MUST BE IN WRITING AND RECEIVED MORE THAN 60 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE. We will refund the sums you have paid, less a $50 cancellation fee. If your notice of cancellation is RECEIVED LESS THAN 60 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE, you will forfeit 100% of the sums paid unless we are able to re-rent the property to someone else, at the same rate, for the same period. If the property is rented we will only charge the $50 cancellation fee. You may purchase Travel Insurance from us which may allow you to receive a refund if the cancellation is one of the policy’s covered reasons.
6. CHECK IN: Check in time is 3:00 PM. EARLY CHECK IN TIMES ARE ALLOWED ONLY WHEN THE PROPERTY IS CLEANED AND READY FOR OCCUPANCY AND PRIOR APPROVAL IS REQUIRED. Keys will be ready for pick up at property location. Keys WILL NOT be issued with a balance owing or without a signed rental agreement in the owners, or owner’s representatives, possession.
7. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 10:00 AM. THERE IS AN EXTRA CHARGE FOR LATE CHECK OUT AND PRIOR APPROVAL IS NEEDED. Please leave all keys IN LOCKED LOCK BOX, other wise in a place chosen per our previous conversation, remote controls, etc need to be left at premises. You will be charged for not checking out on time (unless otherwise specified). We will charge at a rate of $15.00 dollars per 15 minutes. (our cleaning service cannot clean until you leave) A $50 per item fee will be charged for each lost key and remote control. If you would like a later checkout time, please ask the day before and we will accommodate you if possible, depending on cleaning schedules.
8. CLEANING: Each property will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned after your departure. The cleaning fee ($60-$160 depending on the size of the house) will provide normal cleaning so that you can enjoy your vacation up to the last moment. HOWEVER, YOU ARE REQUIRED to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by making sure, dishes are done and put away, and the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted and sanitized. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $30 per hour. ALL OF OUR HOUSES ARE NON-SMOKING. If there is evidence of smoking inside the house, you will be charged an additional $150.
9. HOMES WITH TELEPHONES: Telephones may be used to make as many local calls as you wish and may be used for long distance calls if a sign at the house you are staying at states domestic calls are free.
10. WHAT WE SUPPLY: The property is equipped and set up as a fully furnished property that will include bedspreads, linens, blankets, pillows, towels, as well as a fully equipped kitchen. THERE WILL BE EXTRA CHARGES TO YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT OR CREDIT CARD FOR REPLACING THESE ITEMS IF FOUND TO BE NECESSARY.
11. WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING: Plan on packing your personal toiletry items. Since we provide only a limited supply of toilet paper, paper towels, and other dispensable items to get you started on your first day of vacation, you should plan on making a trip to the grocery store to replenish these items as you need them.
12. TENANTS LIABILITY: Tenant agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the property (other than normal wear and tear) by Tenant or Tenants guests, including, but not limited to, landscaping, misuse of appliances, and/or equipment furnished. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held and/or are not covered by the damage insurance if purchased, Tenant agrees to reimburse Redwood Coast Vacation Rentals or the homeowner for costs incurred to repair/replace damaged items.
13. SLEEPING CAPACITY/DISTURBANCES: Tenants and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for any of the following: A. Occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity stated on the website. B. Using the premises for any illegal activity including, but not limited to, the possession, serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages by or to persons less than 21 years of age. C. Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties. D. Any other acts which interferes with neighbors’ right to quiet enjoyment of their property. E.) Violation of the 10:00 PM Noise RULE. F.) NO PARTIES OF ANY KIND! IF YOU HAVE A PARTY, YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY EVICTED, CHARGED $1000 FINE, AND NONE OF YOUR PAYMENT WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU G.) Keep cars to a minimum. One car per 2 people. Parking is limited.
14. HOLD HARMLESS: Redwood Coast Vacation Rentals or the homeowner does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing. Nor will Redwood Coast Vacation Rentals or the homeowner accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of G-d, or other reasons beyond its control. Many of our properties are along the ocean bluff or otherwise have steep cliffs. Do not go near the edges and do not allow children to roam the property unattended.
15. HOT TUB, PATIOS, FIREPLACES, WOOD STOVES, FIREPITS, EXERCISE EQUIPMENT, & RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT WHICH INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, SURFBOARDS, KAYAKS, PADDLEBOARDS & BICYCLES: Tenant hereby acknowledges that if the property reserved includes any of the previously listed item, the undersigned is fully aware that the use of those items can be dangerous and that injury is likely to occur to anyone who is not careful. Children should never be left unattended. Tenants should observe and adhere to all rules and policies as posted at the property. With full knowledge of the above facts and warnings, the undersigned accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of all of the listed items. Also, our hot tubs are professionally maintained and we strive to keep them in welcoming condition. If they do not appear in satisfactory condition to you, please notify us immediately and we will have them checked. No refunds will be given due to a hot tub that has stopped working or needs to be drained or cleaned. We will make our best efforts to resolve the issue in a timely manner.
16. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The tenant, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Owner and RCVR from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
17. Payment by Credit Card through RentPayment (See RentPayment Agreements and Rules) http://www.rentpayment.com/rp/Company/Terms/ ). This acceptance confirms authorization for Redwood Coast Vacation Rentals to hold Credit Card Account for the Required Security Deposit and the required down payment to confirm the reservation, and then subsequently the remaining balance to complete the full payment of said reservation. Also note that your credit card will be charged any excess charges if deemed necessary from any damages, or by damages not covered by the damage insurance policy (if the policy was purchased).
18. PAYMENT BY CHECK:Our preference if paying buy check is to use our eCheck option. You can do this when booking on our site or call us and we can do this for you on the phone. Payments by check or eCheck or not accepted if you arrival day is 30 days or less from your payment date. If the Tenant pays by check rather then credit card, and the check is returned for NSF there will be a $75 service charge. Keys will not be issued until the check has successfully cleared the bank. Checks should be made payable to Redwood Coast Vacation Rentals.
19. MAILING ADDRESS: Redwood Coast Vacation Rentals, 1225 Central Ave, Suite 14, McKinleyville, CA 95519
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE RENTING A PRIVATE HOME. PLEASE TREAT IT WITH THE SAME RESPECT YOU WOULD LIKE SHOWN TO YOUR OWN HOME.
ALSO, AS STATED IN ITEM 18 ABOVE, YOUR CREDIT CARD ON FILE WILL BE CHARGED THE REMAINING PAYMENTS (IF ANY ARE REQUIRED) WHEN THEY ARE DUE, UNLESS WE HEAR OTHERWISE FROM YOU.
Note: Maximum Capacity at units is strictly enforced.